Chevrolet Performance has adapted the production-based 8L90-E 8-speed automatic transmission for use with the LT1 crate engine. A numerically high 4.56 first gear ratio offers strong take-off performance, while a wide 7.0:1 overall ratio helps enhance cruising efficiency. Two versions are available: a slip-yoke design for use with the LT1 engine, or a fixed-yoke design for use with the LT4 engine.
• Four gearsets for greater efficiency
• Five clutches – two brake clutches and three rotating clutches
• World-class upshift speeds
• Friction-reducing features include synthetic fluid
• Gear ratios: 1st: 4.56, 2nd: 2.97, 3rd: 2.08, 4th: 1.69, 5th: 1.27, 6th: 1.00, 7th: 0.85, 8th: 0.65, reverse: 3.82
• Controller and harness included
• Torque converter included (engine specific)