Forget the rebuild – our best crate engine value comes with classic chrome style
The 350/290 Deluxe combines Chevrolet Performance’s most popular crate engine with an aluminum intake manifold* and chrome dress-up kit to create one of the most stylish and value-driven engines on the market. The chrome dress-up parts include the valve covers (with push-in breathers and “T-bar”-style hold-downs), timing cover, and air cleaner.
Like all of our crate engines, the 350/290 Deluxe starts with a brand-new block. And it’s a strong one, with four-bolt mains. It also includes a smooth hydraulic camshaft and durable aluminum pistons that deliver an 8.0:1 compression ratio. It’s a powerful, durable engine that makes a great alternative to rebuilding with your
old two-bolt block.
Chevrolet Performance has all the parts you need to get your 350/290 engine running, too, from the starter and distributor to the plug wires and more. If you want even more power, our high-performance cylinder heads will take this stout small-block to the next level.
*Chevrolet Performance recommends the Holley 670-cfm carburetor for use with the 350/290 Deluxe.
Part Number: 19244450/19355659
Engine Type: Chevy Small-Block V-8
Displacement (cu in): 350
Bore x Stroke (in): 4.000 x 3.480
Block: Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps
Crankshaft: Nodular iron
Connecting Rods: Powdered metal steel
Camshaft Type: Hydraulic flat tappet
Camshaft Lift (in): .450 intake /.460 exhaust
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 222° intake / 222° exhaust
Cylinder Heads: Iron; 76cc chambers
Valve Size (in): 1.94 intake / 1.50 exhaust
Compression Ratio: 8.0:1
Rocker Arms: Stamped steel
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.5:1
Recommended Fuel: Regular pump
Ignition Timing: 34° Total @ 4,000 rpm
Maximum Recommended rpm: 5,100
Intake Manifold: Dual Plane
• Use neutral balance harmonic damper
• Use internally balanced flexplate for automatic transmission or flywheel for manual transmission (not included)
• Power ratings based on tests with Holley 670-cfm carburetor (not included)
• Does not accept Chevrolet Performance roller lifter assemblies
• Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
• Not intended for marine applications
• Pre-1986-style 2-piece rear main seal block
• Recommended for use in vehicles with 6,000 GVW or less